Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

We can have more fun than that — Ey!

You WILL have more fun at my house, darn it!

Well, at least that's how I feel inside when something I'm excited about doesn't quite excite the kids. This morning we were building with ice. It didn't last long, so as I was cleaning up (stacking a few myself) feeling bummed, I realized I had a challenge on my hands ... a challenge against myself to get these kids to have fun with these ice blocks, darn it!

So ... here it is ...

Hmmm ... I remember those boring blocks.
What are those lights?
Ahhh, submersible lights shining on bubbles!


S added her blue Ice block, then a yellow bear to the ice block! So cute:)

Ilah added her purple ice block. Yes, it turned her water purple. Later she said, "My water turned purple! I'm so glad it's purple."

Salty bears.




You know something is really fun when you continuously hear the word "wow" when children are playing:)


S's water turned blue. A clear ice block over the blue water and lights. "Ahh! It cracked?" Me: "Yes, the cold ice cracked when you put it in the water. Why do you think that happened?" S: "Because it got cracky." Me: "Yes it did when it was added to warm water." S: "Because the ice was cold." 
We talked a little about how cold ice expands when in warm water, but nothing too detailed to a 5 yr old ....

OK, back to crazy imaginations, more "wow's", more bear baby talk, scruba dub dub songs, and friends playing with friends.

 
So long!
hehe:)



2 comments:

  1. You are the best mom and Auntie!!!! I did'nt see any pictures of D playing in the bubbles:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank you for your inspiration on most of the things we do. And thanks for being my first follower, Mom:) You're the best!

    ReplyDelete