Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Ew ... Germs!

Ew ... Germs!

I recall an activity when I was in school where we learned about germs using glitter. Glitter was sprinkled on surfaces that we touched, and then we touched other surfaces showing how germs are transferred from surface to surface. Today, I noticed my nieces were going potty in record timing.  Hand washing was not always happening around here.

It's time to get out the germs!

Sorry, you're going to see my toilet for this one:)

Glitter glue spread on the flusher.

 A little hesitant I  flushing the toilet.
Eww, look what happened - germs!

 S's turn ...


They thought this was very gross. When we were done, we washed hands. Guess what happened when the girls were done washing their way? Yes, germs were still on their hands! So we sang Grandma Kim's hand washing song, and when we were done, all the germs were gone.

Throughout the day, they were reminding each other, and myself to wash hands after potty and before eating. It was great!


No comments:

Post a Comment