Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Who said letters are hard?

Who said letters are hard?

About a week ago, Little Miss I said to her mom, "Letters ... they're hard!" 

That came from this little girl who is learning letters faster than I ever imagined she would! She is enjoying every activity we do - there is no frustration or uncertainty about wanting to do something. This girl dives into every activity and gives it all she's got!

Here's one of the latest.

One of the printable pages that I talked about in my earlier post: Letters in a different light 2 
Finding letters with smiles! 
Saying the letter as she finds it. 
There is G
And L  
We stopped at the letter "V." She was starting to have trouble identifying letters, and I didn't want to go too far. Once we complete that, she will write the letter in the square, and we'll have a letter book! 
Funny, next thing that SHE chose to do was to write every letter with dry-erase markers. 
She said, "I'm going to do every letter!" And she did. 
Then she asked if I had anything else for her to do. When I said, "Yes" she said, "You always have something. You're the best Auntie Jill!" I love when she says that:) 
S wanted to help with this one - they loved it. I set up only one rule - Little I will say the letter, and then we'll put the chips on. S was talking about words that start with each letter. It was so cute to hear them talking while doing this activity. 
Here: I: "This is the letter 'D'." 
S: "What starts with Da Da Da 'D'? Da Da Da Dad! Da Dog!" 
Can't wait to get these printed on transparencies for the overhead. 
:)

1 comment: