Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tear-Free Bath Painting

Bath Painting - 22 months
 
Last night I finally let my son do some bath painting. I have purchased bath finger paint in the past, but it didn't work well, and I always worried about my son getting it in his eyes. Last night, we simply put a piece of foam paper on the wall (when it gets wet, it sticks), and mixed some baby powder, food coloring and bubble bath to make tear-free paint!
 
Great for color recognition. My son has been showing an extreme interest in purple lately. It used to be blue, now he wants everything purple! 

So fun to just let him go crazy - if he makes a mess, the mess ends up cleaning anyway!   
My son knows just about all parts of the body. However, this is a great (and safe) way to teach a child. "You're painting your belly." Or, take a paint brush and put paint on childs finger, shoulder, arm, etc to have some fun learning:) 
Below, he's saying, "I want cheek." It was almost his way of asking for approval to put it on his cheek before actually doing it. 
Pink cheeks! 
Once the paints were watery, I just set the muffin tin in the water, and let it float! 
Eventually, we just submerged the paint, and rinsed off the wall. This bath paint then created bubbles in the water and cleaned right off of the wall.
My happy - and clean - little monkey:)
 

1 comment:

  1. What fun he must have had. I want the picture of him in his monkey towel. So adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete