Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Fine Motor: Gem Shape Sorting

Fine Motor: Gem Shape Sorting
 - 22 Months
 
D and I are really into sticky paper crafts and activities. Using this is excellent for his fine motor development.
Here he's playing with gems. Picking them up and moving them around on the sticky paper. These gems really stick! 
He loves the color purple right now. He's always saying, "I spy something purple!" Here he's constantly saying, "Look, purple star!" 
I left the contact paper out for the next day, in case he'd like to revisit and play some more. Sure enough, he did! 
Here I separated the stars, hearts, squares and circle shaped gems.
When he'd pick one up from the gem container, we'd talk about what shape he picked and where the other shapes were on the sticky paper. He would say, "YEAH!" and then place that gem somewhere around the matching shapes. 
I love that this type of learning is exciting to him!  
I love watching him use his little hands in these activities.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment