Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

Counting With Play Dough

Counting with Play Dough

I saw this on Pinterest a while ago. Today while playing with Play Dough I thought I'd set it up for I-Bell to try. 

She knows some of these numbers already. But what I love about this activity is that it helps her to count objects. And, as a pre-writer, it helps her to learn the curves and writing techniques by tracing each number with her finger.

Tracing numbers. 
Numbers 3, 4 and 5. 
Counting as we place the pom poms down. 
Tracing as we say the number.  
Moving on to some larger numbers. 

 I liked seeing what colors she'd pick out. I also liked to see her choose the smaller pom poms for the larger numbers. She's so fun:)

1 comment:

  1. I love this one. I am going to do this one at school.

    ReplyDelete