Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2013

More Color Sorting Fun

More Color Sorting Fun
 
D begs to play with these bears (I put them away when we're done with an activity, or they get lost all over the house). This time I needed to think of something new to do with them.
 
Two mirrors, colored foam circles and clear contact paper over the top.  
He was having fun making the bears hop from circle to circle. They would stick to the contact paper. I let him have fun putting the bears wherever he wanted. Although he's getting really good at color sorting.

While he was doing this, I was helping the girls with a different project.
Then, he started trying really hard to get my attention, saying he's all done and wanted his Elmo phone.
I turned around to see this - I was so impressedwith his sorting. He used almost every circle.
He called his DaDa on the Elmo phone and said, "I did it, Dada! Bye!"
Then, to keep him busy while the girls did their craft, I took some of the circles off the mirror, leaving only three in the front. The other circles were for sticking on top of the contact paper. I also colored circles on popsicle sticks for him to use.


He's such a busy boy.
And he's so willing to do whatever I set up for him. Such a sweet boy.
The popsicle sticks didn't stick to the paper as well as I hoped they would. I thought it would be good for developing his little pincer grasp. Hmm ...


No comments:

Post a Comment