Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Fine Motor Development: 23 months

D's Fine Motor Development: 23 months
 
I recently purchased some threading tree blocks and beads. I thought the girls would love these, and D would eventually grow into them. I never expected D to be the one enjoying and using them most!
 
Taking a look at the lacing block.
Then checking out the beads. At first, he wasn't sure what to do. I only had to help him once. We threaded the shoelace through the bead, and then I guided his hand with the bead down the shoe lace, and observed what he wanted to do next. 
He tried and tried, until he got it himself. Then he sat down with the beads and shoe laces and was busy for a very long time.
These pictures were taken one day when we got home from running an errand. D ran into the livingroom, got his beads out, and sat down to lace before we could even get his shoes and jacket off.
Pulling the bead down the string.
This was taken one night when D and Daddy were beading. Daddy made a necklace and put it around D's neck. 
Then D took his green one and added it to Daddy's and walked around with such pride!
 
Yesterday, I thought I'd make an activity for him going off of his interest of threading/beading. He was sitting at the table finishing his cheerios (giving what he didn't want to the dog).
I quickly grabbed our foam boards with some floral whire and let him go to town!
He loved it!
He slips into deep concentration when he does this, and it's so fun to watch!
Those little hands♥
 
Another quick activity that's excellent for his fine motor development:
I made these from our recycled dresser.
It's great that he practices his counting throughout this activity. 
He's doing great!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I loved this one! I just can't believe he can do the lacing.

    ReplyDelete