Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Burlap, burlap, burlap!

Letter Find
I made these little letter chips a while ago. I made them and realized shortly after that I have absolutely no use for them. I contemplated taking them apart and making something else out of the wooden chips, but I didn't have time for that. Yesterday I was at Joann Fabrics, and look what I found! 
I was a fan of burlap already, but now I am in love. I had no idea they had patterned burlap?! There are some really cute patterns out there too - I may need to cover some more diaper boxes and make some bins with the great burlap patterns I found! I'll put that as #101 on my list of things to do ...
I secretly set this up during rest time. It sat there for a while, but eventually someone was curious enough to sit down and see what's going on here.
I-Bell matching some letters.  
S and I sat down for quite a while and played with this. She took this letter find a step further and found letters that were close to each other to spell her name. Then she wanted to find other names. I wished I had doubles of each letter so it would have been possible to do more.
Hoping this will be more interesting to D when he starts recognizing more of his letters.
 
Burlap Sewing
 
OK - confession. Our sensory table broke in half. However, it's still usable on the one half, so today we did some sewing!
 
I hot glued burlap to the bottom and added some plastic needles and some thread. On the other side, I set out D's favorite tree beads and shoe laces.
This is the first time we've done a sewing activity. S was so excited, saying she has some sewing sheets at school to make butterflies/bugs.
Getting started. 
S said she was going to make a circle...  
D and I-Bell getting to know sewing. 
S's circle:) 
She was pretty good at threading her needle! 
Look closely, S made a circle and a square. I-Bell's work is found at the lower right, and D's is the lower left. So cute! 

Tree beads were all over the floor.
 
 

1 comment: