Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Capital Letter Play - D 4 yrs old

Capital Letter Play
 
The materials in this game were created a few years ago for my nieces. See how we played Here
 
The letter disks and burlap have been sitting in our storage room ever since due to extreme lack of interest. I'm happy to have finally found a use for them.
 
This game came to me as I was making a wooden coin box [pictured] to help my 2 yr old "play" with her lowercase letter sounds (post to come). All I needed was to cut the burlap into squares and find something in the house for rolling. 
 
Here's how to play:
  1. Roll the cube to see what letter it falls on.
  2. Find the matching letter disk and place it into the coin slot.
  3. Write the letter down on paper. (These are the points.)
  4. Repeat with the next player until all of the letters have been played.
  5. Add total letter points to see who wins.
A few notes:
When the cube lands on an empty circle, pass to the next player.
If the letter landed on has already been played, pass to the next player.
 
 
Have Fun!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment