Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Silhouette Matching Book

 
To create this activity, I used a canvas book and some little treasures found around the home.

 
I traced an item on each page and colored it in with a fabric marker to create silhouettes.

 
I was so curious to see how my daughter (26 months) would take to this book.

 
She really liked playing with the clothespin pictured above (I included two different types in the basket for her to examine and compare the differences.)

 
There are a few pages in the book where she needs to examine objects for details before choosing the right fit. Here is one example of a circular silhouette with many round objects to choose from... 


This particular silhouette had four tiny holes in the middle. She will need to find the circular object in the basket that matches.


After trying a few items, she found the button is the correct match.


This is one of my favorite activities I've ever made for the kids.

Depending on the age you're targeting, bind your book with metal rings or ribbon.  
 
How would you create your book? Here are some ideas:
  • Use your book to teach attention to detail
  • Use it as a language building book
  • Use little shapes/animals/numbers for matching
If you create one of your own, please share.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment