Pages

Monday, May 18, 2015

Flashlight Sight Words in the Bathtub

Once upon a time my little boy, 3 yrs old, was obsessed with his flashlight. He played with his flashlight all day long and slept with it at night; and we couldn't leave home without it.

Night after night, he wanted to bring his flashlight into the bathtub. Submergible flashlights were not worth the price to me, so this is what we did ....

 
I wrote sight words on the inside of the tub with bath crayons and my husband wrapped the (Dollar Store) flashlight in 4 plastic baggies, sealed with scotch tap. When the bath was drawn, we turned out the lights, invited our son in, and the rest was up to him.
 
He really liked finding the words, especially the ones he was very familiar with.
 
 
Naturally, I loved it when he'd find a word and read it himself. However, I didn't want to push him to do this as it would take away from the fun.
 
What would you play with? Shapes? Letters? Colors?
 
Best of all ... you don't need to have a flashlight to play:)

No comments:

Post a Comment