Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Emotion Cards and Fun Coloring Faces

Emotion Cards and Fun Coloring Faces
 
D and I got our lamintated emotion cards out today to talk about how each child is feeling. He is doing a great job learning to read their faces, and is now pointing out different emotions when we're reading and looking at books. For example, he'll point to a character and say, "Ohh, sad."
 
Now, I am working on helping him verbalize his emotions when he feels them. For example, when he gets frustrated, "I can see you're frustrated with that toy, would you like me to help you?"
 
PAHM had given me the inspiration for what we did next. While I don't have my children's faces laminated, D seemed to really enjoy this!
 
Coloring with Dry-Erase Markers. It wipes right off when the pictures are laminated.
He wanted a mustache, so I drew one, along with a beard. On the girl, I asked if he'd like her to have glasses (like me) and he said yes.
Then he tried drawing over the top of my marks.
So happy:)
We did more faces and talked about their emotions as we colored.
Then, he did his own mustaches and beards! I LOVE THIS!
FUN!
And here is my happy little girl:)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment