Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Days with D Before Baby

A Few Days with D
 
With my induction scheduled on Friday, I've been blessed to have a few days at home just little D and I. These are his last days as an only child, so it's the perfect time for me to slow down and do things at his speed. In addition, it's perfect time to do what he wants, when he wants - some mind, body and soul time with Mommy.
 
We started Monday at the grocery store. D did not want to sit in the cart. Since I'm a 9 month pregnant wobbler, I did not mind that he wanted to walk (and hold my hand). People were making comments that it was going to be a long shopping trip, or I'm in for a long day. I didn't see it that way. He was happy to be independent and I was happy to be taking it slow. It turned out to be a nice long, enjoyable trip to the store!

What we did today: 
We picked up Ivory Soap from the store yesterday.
D helped me open it...
and put it in the microwave.
It got nice and fluffy!
We mixed it with some water, and put it out on some wax paper to mold and play with.
However, D didn't like it on his hands, and it ended up being wiped all over his shirt.
So I quickly got the play dough out.
We drew circles on the paper, and rolled balls (his request for balls).
I thought I'd try squares to see what he'd do.
His favorite is to pick up the balls, put them in the container, then put the cap on. Then take the cap off, take the balls out and talk about them before repeating this over and over.
Eventually he lined up the squares.
 
Nuts and Bolts
 
Daddy picked these out for D last time we were at Fleet Farm. I have been waiting for the perfect time to get them out as this will take a lot of patience, time and teaching. 
I first let D explore and do his own thing.  
 This was really cute! Then I began to explain what to do. This was a great activity showing him how to use both of his hands together.
He loved it and stayed very focused while working on these.  
:) 
 
Jumbo Clothes Pins and Color Recognition
 
I bought these jumbo clothes pins at the Dollar store and couldn't wait to let D try them.
He was excited, but it didn't take long for frustration to kick in as these are harder to squeeze than I had anticipated.
He was a good sport - and we still had fun:) 
 
Magnet Play
 
What was more fun was playing with magnets today!
 
And dancing, and running, galloping, crawling around, rolling around laughing and jumping. Things that make D giggle and better my chances at having a baby before Friday.
 
 

 

2 comments:

  1. I was worried you were going to be bored this week. I can see you and Dixon are staying busy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL me too! It's a different kind of play and a different kind of busy because it's at a very slow pace. Did you notice he's wearing underwear? D almost has it down - with help of "nem & nems."

    ReplyDelete