Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Liquid Sidewalk Chalk and Dissappearing Letters

We've painted with homemade sidewalk chalk before, but this time we reused our bottles from our Snow Markers post to squirt the chalk!
A squirt bottle (for later) our snow marker bottles filled with homemade sidewalk chalk paint, and some store-bought chalk.
Running around squirting the driveway!
The little artist making pictures.
I was running around setting up our next activity and noticed them checking out bugs on the driveway!
They found a teeny tiny red spider. They were fascinated with it! I wonder what those are called? Hmm, I sense a bug theme coming up!
Yes, that letter "A" is stamped on her hand on purpose. We are beginning to be teachers for little D (26 mos) and teach him the alphabet. Little did we know he's been listening and learning all along with the girls. When we asked him what we stamped on his hand, he said, "That's "A!" Geesh. You'll see him helping point out the letters as we get into the next activity.
I ran around writing the alphabet for the kids to find.
All the way down the driveway (kind of hard to see).
They began finding letters together. They started with A. I-Bell erased it with the squirt bottle.
Then B...
D-Man found the letter "C!" He was very proud.
His turn to erase the letter!
Instead, he found that if he held the squirt bottle straight, it would squirt out, and he began chasing me!!!
Then he chased I-Bell!
Erasing "D"
My little guy couldn't wait to find more letters, so he went off on his own lol.

And time to cool off with some freezies.
 
S continued the activity by finding every letter in order. The others followed and hopped on the letters as they said them. I love activities that are fun, strengthen our fine and large motors, and are educational all-in-one!
 
Might I add, this was a great team activity demonstrating how well these guys share and take turns.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment