Pages

Friday, August 14, 2015

Early Geography: Land, Water and Air

If you've been following along the last two weeks, I've been helping my daughter with her interest in Geography. We started here and here, and this was our next step:
In this basket are three bottles: one with water, one with sand and the other empty. These bottles resemble the three constituents of Earth: Land, Water and Air.
 
We started by discussing each bottle while looking at the labeled photos. Note: this is a great activity to do outside. My daughter and I have spent much time outdoors exploring these together already.
Ideally, I would have a sandpaper globe, but our mini globe is working just fine:)
I printed the cards for sorting here from The Helpful Garden's blog.  
My daughter (in her new favorite PJ's from her brother) enjoyed examining each photo. She talked about what she saw on each one and then together, we determined if the picture was showing something on land, in the water or in the air. 
This was a previous activity we did with land water and air.
From the Learning with Safari Ltd Toobs post.  
Following the child is so important.
I never would have guessed I'd be doing these activities with her at this age ... she's just showing me the way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment