Pages

Friday, August 9, 2013

A 2 yr old's pancakes

I most definitely did not inherit my mom's cooking skills. I was embarrassed in high school when some friends realized I didn't know how to make Mac 'n Cheese. Now a days, I'm struggling to catch on to the 'cooking role' that came along with motherhood. Fortunately, my husband can whip up the world's most delicious dinner on a whim after work!!! :)

While learning, I've made a vow that I'd include my children as much as possible so they can grow up to be more like their daddy (in this department, at least).
I read, "Just add water" on this container and immediately thought, "This would be perfect for me ... I mean ... 2 yr old D to help me with."
We put the water in a condiment squeeze bottle.
Then he shook and shook and shook! 
He sqeezed the batter onto the pan. 
He felt the heat coming from the pan, and we talked about how important it was not to touch. I was right there supervising him to ensure he didn't accidentally touch it. 
Mmmmm! They were so good, he wanted more when they were gone - and that's a BIG deal for his little appetite lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment