Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

DIY Sound Jars

My daughter at 25 months loves her sound jars. Here's how we made them.
 
 
I bought Paper Mache containers and a shadow box from Michael's Crafts. I filled the containers with materials found around the home. The idea is to find items that will sound very different when you shake them, and to fill two containers of each:
 
 
When I was done filling, I hot glued the lids to the containers and marked the pairs (one with a blue and one with a red dot). On the bottom I marked the containers with matching colors to indicate pairs so the children can check their work.
 
 
After that, it's time to shake it! Wow am I glad I made these ... they get used all the time!
 
If you are inspired to make your own, please share - I'd love to see what you come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment