Pages

Monday, July 7, 2014

Magnetic Farm: Lu 15 months

Our Doctor's office has this fun magnetic table top with sand inside and two frogs. My son and daughter both love to play on the table when we visit. As I was observing them play, I thought I could make something similar, and here it is ...

Playing off of my daughter's interests, I created a farm theme. 
The "Toob" animals were hot glued to giant washers and then placed into a shadow box.
I tried putting Popsicle sticks inside for animal pens.  
I added some sand and wrapped the bottom of the shadow box in clear contact paper so the sand wouldn't be able to find its way out.  
The shadow box is located in one of our play rooms (living room) where I currently have a farm area set up. 
My daughter is playing with the tractor, farm and "a guy" (as she likes to call the farmer) on top of the box as my son moves them around with a magnet from the bottom.
Tried to get a good close-up of the magnetic farm when they were done playing.

15 months recognizing:
 cow is "a moo"
sheep as "baa"
horses as "neigh"
farmer is "a guy"
tractors are currently "choo choo" 
dogs are either "doga, or Bo Bo"





No comments:

Post a Comment