Pages

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Cheez-It Fun

Yesterday during our Shadow Show (and Tell) my son was eating these Cheez-Its with letters on them. It was dark in the room, so he'd hold each cracker up to the light to see what letter he was about to eat. I saw this and knew there had to be some way to put these letters to use in play!
 
I created a few different sheets and then laminated them (they will get grease spots on them otherwise) and we played with them on the light table.
It would also be fun on the overhead. Here is how the crackers look by themselves. (My son's name): 
Here I-Bell is filling out her page after learning to read it first.(The one word she had trouble with was her name? She stared at it for a long time and finally said, "This looks like my name." LOL:)
Here is D's: 
He needed help reading the words beyond his name. However, he recognized all the letters and was able to do this with no help.  
Cute! 
The best part is eating it afterward ... 
This was so much fun. The kids' first game of Tic Tac Toe

We used the first letters in their names instead of X's and O's. 
Have you played with your food today?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment