Pages

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Thanksgiving: Crafts, Decorating, Activities, Family, FUN!

Its been so busy around here I haven't had time to post any of our Thanksgiving activities. Better late than never - and better get this up so we can show what we've been up to for Christmas!
Good ol' fashion hand-traced turkey. 
I was so proud of little D for doing this all on his own. And it turned out so much cuter than if I had traced his hand for him:) 
I-Bell was so good at this. She made about 15 of these. 
And then it was time to put them on a stick and have a turkey puppet show! 

Little L and I loved the show! 
We made more turkey hands to use as place settings for the kids' Thanksgiving table. 
I picked up some plates and glasses from The Dollar Store so the kids could decorate their own. On the plates I wrote "I Am Thankful For ..." on the top. On the bottom, I wrote their name and the year. I still have a plate I made from kindergarten that my mom would display year after year for Christmas. These plates will be a great keepsake.

 We got the glass idea from PAHM.
S's was so cute! 
And so is she! 
Here's their table.. 
Containers, markers, crayons, plates, glasses and the paper all from The Dollar Store. The plates and glasses were baked @ 350 for 20 minutes. The Sharpie Markers washed off the glasses, the plates were OK. However, we didn't eat on them just in case. Next year we will -not use glasses - mugs will be my choice. 


On Thanksgiving Day we also played Pin The Feathers On The Turkey! I drew a turkey out of recycled cardboard and taped it on the wall. 
We just cut some feathers from construction paper. 
No peaking! 
They played for a long time, and then they continued to revisit throughout the day. 
Two little turkeys! 
We had new snow that day too! Of course they went out and played in it with Papa and BoBo. 
Then the kids, with their red cheeks, warmed up by the fire! 
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving - so much to be thankful for. Hope everyone had a blessed day with family/friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment