Pages

Friday, December 20, 2013

Puffy Painting on the Light Table

My son hurt his leg recently and wasn't walking well. In fact, he chose to let me carry him for two days LOL. Instead of allowing him to lay on the couch and watch TV (which is what he originally wanted to do) I needed to think of some long-lasting activities he could do while sitting; and I needed to think fast.
Puffy paint recipes are all over the Internet. We used equal parts flour, salt and water and added some powdered tempera paint for color. (This is also a great opportunity for kids to mix, stir and pour.)

I set out our cookie cutters we recently used here. We got them from the dollar store. 
They enjoyed that for a little while.

I-Bell created a white gingerbread man. 
Then it was time to let them use their own imaginations. 
Above, my friends, is a "Christmas storm."
I had to create a picture too!

This was really fun. I can't wait to do this again. I'd like to use it for learning letters when I have more prep time. It would also be great for shapes, child's name, etc.





No comments:

Post a Comment