Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Theme based play

Playing post office
 
Learning how the USPS works.
 

Writing/coloring a letter & sealing the envelope. I addressed it to her house.


Dropping the letter in the mail!
 
Since my nieces were always asking if we could do letters and mail them, I created this mailbox out of cardboard, and set up a section in the playroom for just mail play.
 
 
They are so cute:)

 
Playing Doctor
The girls had been asking me if we could set up a doctor's office for about a week. I lacked many of the utensils to play doctor. I could have went out and bought a kit, but instead, realized I had the following items to create a very exciting experience, and it lasted nearly all day!
•Glue
• Water
• Safety Scissors
• Gauze
• Bandage wraps
• Note pad/pen
• Anything else you can think of to play doctor!
We mixed glue and water to create the paste. I shredded newspaper to use as the cast. The girls said they needed a patient with a broken leg, and I just so happened to have one available (or two).

Someone preferred to do their own thing, as usual:)

Meanwhile, I had two legs wrapped up!

And, later, after my casts dried, I broke my wrist. Boy was that bandage tight! Hahaha. This was so fun! The girls later wrapped up their baby dolls and and stuffed animals as they used them as patients in their office.

No comments:

Post a Comment