Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Color recognition

Color recognition
 
I try my best to think of fun ways to introduce colors. D is only 19 months, so these activities are very simple ones. Here are a few things we've done.
 
•Home-made colored play doh with matching colored objects
• Same colored blocks/objects on light panel
• Introduce a color and walk around the house pointing to find things that color
 
All things white:
D loves snowmen, so I helped point to where he should stick the 'snowballs'.

White pom poms, fake snow, cotton balls, white feathers.

He never touched the feathers!
 
The important thing is that I sit with him throughout the entire activity and talk about the color. I'll also talk about what he's doing. "You're sticking white pom poms down. Now, you're picking the white pom poms off. You have white snow stuck to your fingers. That's silly!" He loves to hear what he's doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment