Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Extensions to Dissecting Sunflowers and Polishing Acorns

A few extensions to our Dissecting Sunflowers and Polishing Acorns post.
 
My son decided he would like to take the seeds he and his sister pulled out of their sunflower and give them to the birds/squirrels.  
So we found a pine cone and he got to work spreading peanut butter on it.
Sprinkling it with sunflower seeds
My camera died, so this is the best I could do up close with my phone.   
He picked this spot because the birds like to sit on the top of the fence by our star. He didn't want me to hang it, so he put it up as high as he could reach.
 
Here are our nature jars with bags for some multi-sensory work:
I filled jars and bags.
The children feel the bags and match them to the nature jars by touch and sight.
Some prickly looking plants from our nature walk, corn we picked off the cob last year and our most recent acorns (cleaned, polished and baked by the kids). 
Can't wait to get out and see what the kids find outdoors this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment