Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Fun with Learning Numbers

Train Number Match

Little D just turned 2.5. He is very interested in letters and numbers. This morning he was telling me that Thomas is the number one blue engine; then he started asking me what numbers the rest of the trains had. So we created a little game.
They gathered the trains (that we could find) with numbers on them/their coal cars. 
I then created little tickets for each engine. 
They would pick a ticket and flip it over to read (or learn) its number. 
Then find the train with the matching number. 
They had so much fun doing this. 
There is the number 4 - it's Gordon! 
They eventually fought over who got to pick the number 1.  
They replayed this game a few times. Each time I-Bell arranged the tickets to be picked so she would be the one to pick the number 1. LOL

They've never paid attention to the numbers on the trains. I'm curious to see if they talk about them during play now:)



1 comment: