Pages

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Ticket Punch

This activity was inspired by our trip to see Thomas last month.
A ticket with a "punch" in the middle.
My home made tickets. 
Close-up. Boy and girl trains!
Each train has a number with a correlating number of punch circles along the sides. 
We have some first timers here. Ages 4 and 5 and they insist that they will do this themselves. They don't need help:) 
Look at those faces...
I tried sticking them to the table (I need to buy some tape). This way they could use two hands. And then I kindly showed them how to hold the hole punch so it wasn't so difficult. 
One handed! And so simple! 
D checked his out. I helped him punch the holes, but at 27 months, he's unable to do this himself. 
This activity also helped with learning numbers. If I-Bell didn't recognize the number, all she had to do was count the circles. 
Once they told me the number, then they would start punching! 
They went through a lot of tickets! 
This activity lasted all day. No matter what we were doing, there was always a ticket involved - and someone was either punching, passing out, or collecting tickets:)

No comments:

Post a Comment